94592 (Finished Model)
94626 (Black SP)
94716 (V Special)
95061 (Pink SP)
95525 (Asia Challenge 2020)
|Series||Mini 4WD PRO|
|Release Date|| June 24, 2006|
March 24, 2007 (Finished Model)
December 15, 2007 (Black SP)
October 1, 2009 (V Special)
May 2, 2015 (Pink SP)
January 2020 (Asia Challenge 2020)
|In fictional media|
|First Appearance|| Kichijouji Phoenix (Web manga)|
Mini 4WD Racer Kakeru (Shogaku Year)
|“||Ah! It runs out of juice!||”|
— Kakeru Ohtori as he's suddenly having trouble just as the race starts.
General info Edit
The Avante Mk.II featuring the sharper body design based on the original Avante. Since the MS Chassis has the mid-motor layout, the bodyshell has been re-designed for the chassis. The only way to recognizes it as an Avante is the body color of the base model.
Only the original Avante Mk.II is equipped with N-01 and T-01 units, while the rest were equipped with N-02 and T-01 units (with the Pink Special being equipped with the lightweight center parts).
Avante Mk.II Edit
The original Avante Mk.II's bodyshell is mainly in deep metallic blue, with red and white trims on it. It retains the Avante-style decals on the side.
It comes with the gold large-diameter 3-spoke MS-type I wheels with the black Avante-type slick tires. The nose, center and tail parts were molded in black, while the A parts were molded in gray. It comes with the standard, light gray 16 mm lightweight plastic rollers.
Black Special Edit
The Black Special has the different color scheme with black color as the base color.
It was equipped with the red, large-diameter 5-spoke lightweight narrow wheels paired with the black arched tires. The polycarbonate-mixed ABS chassis nose, center, tail and A parts were molded in silver.
V Special Edit
The V Special has the violet metal-plated body. Oddly, the kit only comes with the standard sticker the base model has.
It was equipped with the small-diameter carbon-nylon-mixed dish-type low-profile wheels paired with the black low-profile tires. It has the rollers molded in black. The chassis nose, center, tail and A parts were molded in black.
Pink Special Edit
The Pink Special has the lightweight polycarbonate bodyshell with plastic attachments. Its body decals is mainly in pink, with blue letter, white and black trims.
It was equipped with the pink, large-diameter low-profile wheels paired with the white colored hard compound low-profile tires. Like the V Special, it has the rollers molded in black. The chassis nose, center, tail and A parts were molded in black.
Asia Challenge 2020 Special Edit
The Asia Challenge 2020 Special commemorates the finals in Taiwan. The tournament was canceled due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Its body is molded in polycarbonate, while the chassis is equipped with N-02, T-01 and lightweight center units molded in navy blue. Fin-type wheels are in white and low-friction tires in maroon have white sidewall lettering.
Technical info Edit
Length: 154 mm (N-01), 152 mm (N-02)
Width: 88 mm
Chassis: MS Chassis
Gear Set(s): 4:1 (Most variants), 3:5.1 (V Special)
- The original Avante Mk.II is the last Mini 4WD PRO car to be equipped with N-01 unit, as future cars and special versions of Avante Mk.II uses the N-02 unit.
- The Avante Mk.II has the R/C buggy counterpart which was based on the Mini 4WD car. Much like the original Avante and Avante 2001 R/C buggies, the Avante Mk.II R/C buggy utilizes the four-wheel-drive DF-03 chassis.
- The font used on the logo decals is the one based off the logo for Unreal, a series of first-person shooters first introduced by Epic Games in 1998.
See also Edit
Tamiya Japan Edit
- Avante Mk.II on Tamiya official website
- Avante Mk.II (Finished Model) on Tamiya official website
- Avante Mk.II Black Special on Tamiya official website
- Avante Mk.II V Special on Tamiya official website
- Avante Mk.II Pink Special on Tamiya official website
Tamiya America Edit
- Avante Mk.II on Tamiya America official website
- Avante Mk.II (Finished Model) on Tamiya America official website
- Avante Mk.II Black Special on Tamiya America official website
- Avante Mk.II V Special on Tamiya America official website
- Avante Mk.II Pink Special on America Tamiya official website
Tamiya Hong Kong