The fin-type low-profile wheels (Japanese: フィンタイプ ロープロホイール, Fin Taipu Rōpuro Hoīru) are the series of Mini 4WD Grade-up Parts released by Tamiya since August 7, 2002. It was first released during the R/C Mini 4WD era.
The low-profile wheels has the fin-type sub-spoke, parallel width wheel design. Each sets comes with the low-profile tires.
The 1st version of the wheels has 3 main spokes that supports the wheels. Said design is somewhat fragile and is easily breaks. Later versions of the wheels instead has 6 main spokes to improves the wheels' rigidity.
Depends on the sets, it either comes with the polypropylene wheels and medium elastomer tires or carbon-mixed nylon wheels and hard-compound elastomer tires, The carbon-mixed nylon wheels alone can be obtained from the carbon reinforced wheel set.
It is compatible with most Mini 4WD Chassis. Compatibility with the bodyshells varies.
- Hard Low-Height Tire and Carbon Wheel Set (Fin) at Tamiya Japan
- Dark Blue Low-Profile Tire and Silver Wheel Set (Fin) at Tamiya Japan (Japanese)
- Low-Height Tire and Wheel Set (Fin) at Tamiya America
- Dark Blue Low-Profile Tire and Silver Wheel Set (Fin) at Tamiya America
Tamiya Online Shop
- Low-Height Tire and Wheel Set (Fin) at Tamiya Online Shop (Japanese)