|Gold Plated Terminal Set|
|No.|| 15045 (A-type)|
25015 (Mini-F type)
15421 (Super-II type)
|Release Date|| June 29, 1989 (A-type/B-type/C-type)|
October 30, 1990 (Zero-type)
March 5, 1998 (X-type)
July 17, 2002 (TR-type)
June 21, 2006 (MS-type)
December 28, 2010 (Super-II type)
General info Edit
The gold terminal sets features the terminal parts that were gold-plated. The gold-plated surfaces prevents the oxidation of the terminal parts.
In eariler chassis (specifically those that has the A-type, B-type, C-type, Wild-type and Zero-type normal terminals), the use of brass as the motor terminal parts' material reduces the power efficiency of a Mini 4WD cars. Using the gold plated terminal sets on those chassis will improves the power efficiency.
The use of gold plated terminal sets on later chassis has a minor negative effect on Mini 4WD car's performance, as those chassis's normal motor terminal parts were made of copper (The same as the switch terminal parts). Although copper has lower electrical resistivity than gold, it is susceptible to corrosion.
Each sets were designed for specific chassis(s) as follows:
- The A-type, Wild-type, Mini-F type, TR-type and Super-II-type were made exclusively for Type-1, Wild, Mini-F, TR-1 and Super-II Chassis respectively.
- The B-type set supports Type-2, Type-4, FM, Type-5, Super-FM, Super TZ and Super TZ-X Chassis.
- The C-type set supports both Type-3 and Truckin' Chassis.
- The Zero-type set supports both Zero Chassis and Super-1 Chassis.
- The X-type supports Super X Chassis, VS Chassis, Super XX Chassis, AR Chassis, FM-A Chassis and VZ Chassis.
- The MS-type supports both MS Chassis and MA Chassis.
- Some of the gold plated terminal sets shares certains motor/switch terminal parts from other sets as follows:
- The C-type set has A-type's motor terminal parts and B-type's switch terminal parts.
- The TR-1 set has the original motor terminal parts and X-type's switch terminal parts.
- The Super-II-type has X-type's motor terminal parts and B-type's switch terminal parts.
Tamiya Japan Edit
- TR-1 Gold Plated Terminal Set on Tamiya official website (Japanese)
- Gold Plated Terminal Set (for Super-II Chassis) on Tamiya official website
Tamiya America Edit
- Gold Plated Terminal Set (For MS Chassis) on Tamiya America official website
- Gold Plated Terminal Set (for Super-II Chassis) on Tamiya America official website