The Mighty Mini 4WD (Japanese: マイティミニ四駆, Maiti Mini Yonku) series is a line-up of Mini 4WD cars introduced by Tamiya in May 1998. It was, unfortunately, introduced during the declines of 2nd Mini 4WD boom.
Being a sister series to the Aero Mini 4WD series, the Mighty Mini 4WD cars were equipped with the large diameter wheels, namely the newly-designed Mighty-Type wheels and arched tires. In some ways, it can be seen as the Super Mini 4WD version of the Aero Mini 4WD series.
The manga series Mini 4 Kids and Future Racer V-Twin featuring cars from this line-up.
List of Mini 4WD cars
- Dyna-Hawk GX (Normal, Super XX Special, Black Special) (Super X Chassis, Super XX Chassis) (Released in May 1998)
- Cross-Tiger VR (Normal, Limited Edition, Sea Blue Version) (Super X Chassis, Super XX Chassis) (Released in August 1998)
- Laser-Gill (Normal, Super XX Special) (Super X Chassis, Super XX Chassis) (Released in December 1998)
- Variatron (VS Chassis) (Released in July 1999)
- Synchro-Master Z9 (VS Chassis) (Released in December 1999)
|Mini 4WD series|
|1980||Original Mini 4WD · ·|
|1990||· · · · · ·|
|Mighty Mini 4WD series|
|Super X||Dyna-Hawk GX* · Cross-Tiger VR* · Laser-Gill*|
|VS||Variatron · Synchro-Master Z9|
|* denotes Super XX Chassis version available|